Saturday, February 5, 2011

Back in the game!

I'd been doing really well for a couple of months (apart from Christmas!), then over the last couple of weeks, kind of slacked off...stopped tracking my food, stopped working out as hard (I'd work out at home for 20 minutes, as opposed to at the gym for 45 - 60 minutes).  And all of the sudden, my clothes stopped fitting as well, I was getting winded from dumb stuff again, etc.  Drat!

So today, I'm back in the game!  I know you CAN work out well at home; I am just so much more motivated at the gym where I don't have to worry about interruptions, or worry about how loud I am to the apartment underneath us.  So I went to the gym again today for 50 minutes and I started tracking my food again.

I had an epiphany of sorts as I was tracking my heart rate and realizing it had crept up again.  I realized that if I want to improve my cardio health without taking medications, I need to treat exercise like a medication - and do it regularly!  I can't get the benefits by doing a little here, a little there.  Unfortunately.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

(by the way, this is Emmy, not Brad but I don't want to log him off his account)

No comments:

Post a Comment